Vegan Beef Enchilada Soup
Vegan Beef Enchilada Soup is the most comforting and simple Fall soup recipe! Simple ingredients, veggie-packed and super creamy.
I am soft launching Fall recipes with this super yummy Vegan Beef Enchilada Soup. Personally, I can eat soup anytime of the year, but it is a must once the weather starts cooling down. This soup is incredibly easy, is made in one-pot and is packed with veggies. You can always add more veggies, or switch up the toppings to make this soup your own.
Why this Enchilada Soup is the BEST
I LOVE an easy recipe and this one is definitely quick and simple – perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Start out by browning the vegan beef crumbles with taco seasoning. If you’re not into beef crumbles, sub them for cooked lentils. This soup will still be delicious either way. After the crumbles are browned it is time to start adding the veggies.
Add the onion, serrano pepper (optional for my spice lovers), garlic and canned green chiles. Let this cook down until the onion starts to get tender.
Pour in the broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, black beans and corn. Bring this to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. If you have the time to let this simmer longer, I definitely would recommend. The longer this soup cooks, the deeper the flavors get. But trust me, it will still be tasty no matter how long it simmers.
How to Serve this Soup
Once the soup is done simmering, add in lime juice and vegan cream cheese. Give it a good whisk until the cream cheese is completely melted. And now it’s time for the fun part…the toppings.
To be honest, I think the real reason I love soup so much, is the toppings! You have lots of options for this soup, but I would definitely recommend LOTS of green onions, some more serrano peppers and plenty of lime wedges.
And to make this soup extra special, I also served it with Mini Vegan Taquitos! This isn’t a must, but it is highly recommended! They are the perfect little dipper. If you make them ahead of time, you can freeze them and just reheat right before serving the soup.
I hope you love this soup recipe as much as I do. It can easily be frozen for quick lunches or easy dinners. A Fall/Winter staple you need to try!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan Beef Enchilada Soup I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Beef Enchilada Soup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 12 ounces vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced, optional
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 4 cups broth
- 1 15-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes I used fire roasted
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 lime juiced, plus more for serving
- mini taquitos optional, for serving
- green onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, avocado optional toppings
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the vegan beef crumbles & taco seasoning and brown for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the onion, serrano, garlic & green chiles to the pot and cook down for about 3 minutes, or until the onions start to get tender.
- Pour in the broth, enchilada sauce, crushed tomatoes, black beans and corn. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add in the vegan cream cheese & lime juice and whisk until the cream cheese has melted.
- Serve the soup hot with any of the optional toppings.
Made this tonight and it was amazing and your easy. Wonderful flavors. Thank you!
YUM! This soup is easy to make and DELICIOUS! I definitely recommend using the serrano pepper if you like a little kick. This would be great with cornbread. I just made it and am currently eating my second bowl. Thanks again for a wonderful go-to recipe!
What kind of broth did you use?
I used vegan chicken broth – from Better Than Bouillon.
I searched this product. It is unavailable. Hmmmm.
Not sure which product you’re talking about?
We used lentils instead of the plant based beef , absolutely yummy! Don’t leave out the Serrano pepper 🌶