Grilled Tofu Skewers
These Grilled Tofu Skewers are loaded with marinated tofu & veggies. Grilled until crispy and served with vegan spicy mayo for dipping!
I love making skewers in the summer! And with these Grilled Tofu Skewers you get everything you need – charred tofu & veggies, a creamy sauce and fresh herbs. Make these on an indoor or outdoor grill. Perfect for a summer BBQ!
Step One: Marinate the Tofu
One of the main reasons these skewers are so good is because of the tofu marinade. It is a simple combo of soy sauce, oil, sriracha, garlic, dry seasonings and lime juice. Add everything to a bowl, cube some pressed tofu and toss it with the sauce.
Let the tofu marinate for at least 30 minutes. If you have the time, let it marinate overnight for a serious flavor bomb. Basically, the longer the better.
If you are using wood skewers, place them in some water to soak while the tofu is marinating. This will keep them from burning on the grill.
Step Two: Make the Spicy Mayo
While the tofu is marinating, prep the veggies. Dice the bell peppers, onion and jalapeño. You want the veggies to be a decent size so that they can be threaded onto the skewers easily.
And now, my favorite part of these skewers – the spicy vegan mayo! This stuff is so tasty! Here is what you need:
- vegan mayo
- sweet chili sauce
- lime juice
Add everything to a bowl and mix it up. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. This mayo has the perfect amount creaminess and spice!
Step Three: Make & Grill the Skewers
To make the skewers, just thread alternating combos of veggies and tofu onto each skewer. Once you have used up all of the ingredients, heat the grill over medium-high heat.
Add the skewers to the grill and cook until charred on all sides. Be sure to save the leftover tofu marinade so that you can brush it onto the skewers while they are grilling.
Step Four: Serve
Once the skewers have a nice char, pull them off the grill and put them on a platter. Spoon over the spicy mayo and top with lots of fresh cilantro – you can also sub fresh parsley or basil.
Serve with the rest of the spicy mayo and lots of lime wedges on the side.
These tofu skewers are the perfect light dinner. Serve alone or plate them over some rice for a delicious bowl recipe.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Grilled Tofu Skewers
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained & pressed
- 2 bell peppers cut in chunks
- 1 red onion cut in chunks
- 1 jalapeño cut in rounds
- cilantro, lime wedges for serving
- Add the soy sauce, oil, sriracha, garlic, dry seasonings and lime juice to a bowl. Cube the tofu into 32 pieces and add it to the marinade. Toss to combine and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes. If you are using wood skewers, soak them in water while the tofu is marinating.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies and prepare the sauce. Combine all of the spicy mayo ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To assemble, thread a mixture of veggies and tofu onto each skewer.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Add the skewers to the grill and cook until charred on all sides – brush the leftover marinade onto the skewers while they are on the grill.
- Remove the skewers from the grill, spoon over some spicy mayo and top with cilantro. Serve with the rest of the spicy mayo and lime wedges on the side.