We are one day into Spring, so I figured I should just throw every green thing I could at you with this Green Goddess Bowl with Oil Free Chimichurri.
But seriously, this bowl is one of my all time favorites. You get a ton of fresh greens, healthy quinoa and an AMAZ-ING dressing to top it all off. Chimichurri is traditionally loaded with oil, so to make this a little healthier we are swapping out the oil for avocado. Yep, we're swapping out oil for even more greens.
We just can't get away from the greens in this recipe.
This bowl is a good mix of warm and cold. The quinoa and asparagus are cooked beforehand while everything else is kept cool.
It is also super versatile. Don't have every green on the list? Swap it for something you do have on hand. As long as it's green, it's welcome to join the party.
Need some more bowl inspo? Check out my Rainbow Buddha Bowl, Ultimate BBQ Bowl or Greek Bowl with Hummus.
Green Goddess Bowl with Oil Free Chimichurri
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI
- 1 cup cilantro
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 avocado
- 1 small jalapeno optional
- ¼ - ½ cup water as needed
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 bunch of asparagus ends trimmed
- non-stick spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa heated
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- ½ red onion diced
- FOR THE DRESSING: Combine cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, avocado and jalapeno in a blender or food processor. Pulse to combine, adding water as need until desired consistency is reached. Set aside until ready to use.
- FOR THE BOWLS: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place asparagus on the sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until tender (approx. 7-10 minutes). To assemble: In 4 bowls, layer spinach, lettuce, quinoa, asparagus, edamame, avocado, jalapeno and red onion. Top with chimichurri and serve.
Liz @ pumpkin & peanut butter
You must have been reading my mind with this recipe because I've been obsessed with chimichurri for the past few weeks! Can't wait to try this!
Chimichurri is my jam. It's like pesto's zesty cousin. lol
I am SO in love with this bowl and all of its beautiful green color! It screams spring and I can't wait to make it and dig in!
Sarah | Well and Full
Now this is my type of bowl!! I love seeing a ton of green on my plate 🙂
Me too! You just know you're doing something good for your body.