Two favorite snacks are combined into one with these Vegan Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas. These are ooey, gooey and super delicious.
I recently shared my recipe for Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip. I love making that recipe for parties, but since it makes enough for 8+ people, it isn’t something I can make all the time – otherwise I might eat the whole thing myself.
So, I began racking my brain for a recipe that would have the same flavors but in a single serving. Which is how these quesadillas were born.
As with the dip, the key to making these quesadillas creamy and delicious is vegan cream cheese (I get mine at Trader Joe’s) and marinated artichoke hearts. You could use plain artichoke hearts, but the marinated ones just add another layer of flavor.
The best part? These only take 10 minutes to put together. Easy peasy.
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 6 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach, separated
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add artichoke hearts and 2 cups of baby spinach. Stir to combine and cook until spinach begins to wilt. Add cream cheese, mayo, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to pan and stir to combine. Heat through and set aside.
- Place a large non-stick pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and fill with half of the spinach artichoke mixture and an additional ½ cup of baby spinach - making sure to keep mixture on one half of the tortilla. Fold tortilla in half and cook until bottom begins to brown (approx. 2 minutes). Flip and cook until other side is browned as well. Remove from the pan and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice and enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!