This Zesty Homemade Hummus is a simple recipe that packs a kick. Making hummus at home only requires a few ingredients and 15 minutes!
It must be said that I am not a huge snacker...I just don't love a ton of snack foods. I know, I'm a weirdo. But one thing you will always find in my fridge is hummus.
Hummus and veggies, hummus and crackers, hummus and hummus...it is one thing I have to have.
And while buying hummus is easy and quick, so is making it at home! Plus, you can adjust the seasonings to get it exactly how you want it.
This version of homemade hummus has just a few simple ingredients. The usual...chickpeas, tahini, olive oil. But what makes this hummus special, is the same thing that gives it that orange color.
You don't need a lot, but it adds the perfect punch to this dip. Plus, who doesn't love that color?
Some tips to make this Zesty Homemade Hummus
- REMOVE THE CHICKPEA SKIN. Let me repeat...remove the chickpea skin! In my opinion this isn't an option. Ok, it technically is an option, but seriously, just do it. You will get a creamier, better hummus. It only takes an extra 10 minutes.
- BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. Make sure you run your food processor long enough to get this stuff super creamy.
- DON'T FORGET THE TOPPINGS. Add some extra chickpeas, seasonings and/or olive oil to the top to finish it all off.
Serve this up on toast, with veggies or warm pita. This would be great on a sandwich or even in my One Pot Creamy Hummus Pasta.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Zesty Homemade Hummus
- Remove the skins from the chickpeas.*
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt & pepper to a food processor. Blend on high, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water or additional olive oil and blend again until the desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and top with additional olive oil, chick peas, smoked paprika and/or fresh parsley.
- Serve with warm pita and/or veggies.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!