These Fajita Veggie Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice are a tastier version of Chipotle that you can make at home in 30 minutes!
My go-to weeknight dinners are usually a bowl of some type.
Whether it is my Spicy Potato Kale Bowl with Mustard Tahini Dressing or an Asian Tahini Noodle Bowl, I love being able to throw a bunch of veggies in one bowl, top it with dressing and call it a day.
Especially because dinner bowls make the best leftovers for lunch bowls.
And these Fajita Veggie Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice are going to be one of your new weeknight favorites.
Cook up some veggies with taco seasoning, heat up some beans and make some homemade cilantro lime rice. Top it all off with avocado and your favorite salsa and you are ready to eat.
This is basically what my favorite Chipotle meal looks like, BUT homemade!
You could even add some vegan chicken or additional veggies depending on what you have on hand.
Fajita Veggie Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 limes juiced, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped, plus more for topping
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado sliced
- salsa for serving
- Combine cooked rice, lime juice, cilantro and a pinch of salt in a pot and place on the stove over low heat.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onion and taco seasoning to the pan and sauté until the veggies begin to soften (approximately 7-10 minutes).
- While the veggies are cooking add the beans to a pot and place on the stove over low heat, stirring frequently.
- To assemble, divide the rice, beans and veggies evenly between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with avocado and additional cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and your favorite salsa.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!