These Grilled Veggie Hummus Wraps are the perfect easy lunch. Grilled zucchini and onions are layered with hummus, fresh veggies and red wine vinegar.
I had Summer on the brain this week. We had 1 day of warm weather and I was ready to break out the pool floats and beach towels. #AmateurHour
Low and behold the rain is back and we're all snuggled up inside. But, I did make a batch of these Grilled Veggie Hummus Wraps to keep us in the summer mood all weekend long. Since I couldn't use our outdoor grill, I broke out the stove top griddle - which works just as well.
These wraps are filled with healthy veggies and creamy hummus. The addition of red wine vinegar gives them a nice tang to round out all of the flavors.
I used Trader Joe's eggplant hummus - which I have been obsessed with. It is oil-free, but tastes just like regular hummus. I don't know what kind of magical witch powers eggplant has in hummus, but this stuff is delicious. If you can't find this hummus, just use your favorite. But if you can find it - get it! I swear you won't regret it.
Need some more lunch inspiration? Check out my Asian Chick'n Wrap or Vegan Pesto Chick'n Wrap.
Grilled Veggie Hummus Wraps
- ½ red onion sliced in rounds
- 1 zucchini sliced longways in ¼" slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of oregano
- 4 wraps
- ½ cup hummus I used Trader Joe's Eggplant Hummus
- 1 tomato sliced in half moons
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup microgreens or sprouts
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- red wine vinegar to taste
- Heat an outdoor grill or stovetop griddle over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add zucchini slices and onion to the pan. Top veggies with a dash of salt, pepper and oregano. Cook until grill marks appear on both sides (approx. 4 minutes per side). Remove veggies and add wraps to the pan to warm (working in batches if needed). Flip wraps and cook until warmed through.
- To assemble wraps, spread 2 tbsp. of hummus down the middle of each wrap. Next, evenly distribute and layer zucchini, onions, tomato, carrots, spinach, sprouts and pepperoncini peppers among each wrap. Spoon red wine vinegar over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Liz @ pumpkin & peanut butter
Love how simple and fresh this is! Perfect for a quick weekday lunch!