This Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccine is packed full of flavor and requires just 9…
This Spicy Red Pepper Hummus combines all of the things I love…spice and delicious dip. This is the perfect snack – healthy + homemade + tasty!
And who doesn’t love hummus? There are so many options – garlic, roasted pine nut, chipotle, jalapeño – but for some reason I always seem to go back to the spicy red pepper. Especially when they have that chili oil in the center. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
And I don’t know about you, but when I buy hummus from the store it feels like I can eat the whole container in one sitting.
This recipe costs about the same amount to make at home as the store bought stuff, but makes a TON!
Hummus is seriously one of the easiest things to make. You take your ingredients, throw them all in a food processor and blend away.
After you’ve prepared the hummus, put it in the fridge for at least a half hour so all of the ingredients can cozy up with one another and it can get even more delicious.
Top with a little more olive oil and some red pepper flakes for a nice little kick. Pair this with chips, veggies, crackers (or maybe just a spoon).
Or you can use it one of my favorite ways – as a spread on sandwiches and burgers. You get all of the creaminess of mayo with none of the dairy and way less oil.
What is your favorite flavor of hummus and how do you eat it?
Spicy Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 jar roasted red peppers approx. 4 oz.
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil + more for topping
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes to taste + more for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Remove from the fridge and top with additional oil and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with chips, veggies or crackers.