For a quick and easy meal try these Black Bean Quinoa Buddha Bowls with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette. Healthy, simple and easy to customize.
Buddha bowls are the easiest meals to customize and make your own. As long as you have a grain, a protein and a green…you’re good to go.
The rest is where you get to be creative.
For this bowl, I really wanted to focus on an interesting and different dressing. And that’s where the salsa verde vinaigrette comes in. This dressing requires 4 ingredients and about 30 seconds. But the flavor is just…WOW.
There’s nothing better than getting a ton of flavor with minimal effort. It just makes me so happy inside.
Now that we have the flavor taken care of, we can focus on the add-ons. I LOVE cilantro. I know it’s not for everyone. But if you like it, this is the bowl to add it to. Another thing I love is spice. I added serrano peppers to give this bowl a real kick. But feel free to leave them out if spice isn’t your thing.
Again, you get to be creative here – so have fun!
Need more bowl inspo? Check out my Greek Buddha Bowl or my Mexican Buddha Bowl.
Black Bean Quinoa Buddha Bowls with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- fresh black pepper
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- Optional toppings: serrano peppers, cilantro, green onion
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat beans in a pot over low heat.
- To assemble, evenly distribute cooked quinoa, black beans, spinach, avocado, red onion and any optional toppings among 4 bowls. Top with dressing to taste, serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!