Sweet Potato Soyrizo Tacos
These Sweet Potato Soyrizo Tacos have roasted veggies, crispy soyrizo and a creamy vegan jalapeño yogurt sauce. Perfect for taco Tuesday!
I never need an excuse to make tacos…they are pretty much on repeat at my house. But I love switching up the filling and sauces. These tacos are perfect for fall – the roasted veggies make your house smell so good while they are baking. And you are going to want to put this yogurt sauce on everything!
How to Make the Filling
The filling for these vegan tacos is sweet potato strips (I guess we could technically call them fries), bell pepper, soyrizo and dry seasoning. This is super simple to make. Add the potatoes, bell pepper, oil and seasonings to a baking sheet and toss to coat. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Pull the baking sheet out of the oven, add the soyrizo and toss. Put it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until everything is nice and crispy. There should be some char marks on the veggies and the soyrizo should be crispy.
How to Make Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce
I am obsessed with this yogurt sauce! It is creamy, but light. It has the perfect amount of spice and a little tang from the apple cider vinegar.
To make the sauce just add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and adjust to your liking. I like to make mine extra spicy and extra tart. But you can easily make yours more mild!
How to Assemble
Serving these tacos is incredibly easy. Heat some flour (or corn) tortillas over an open flame until warmed through and slightly charred. Spread on as much of that yogurt sauce as you can handle, then layer in the veggie/soyrizo mix. Top with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
These vegan tacos are super easy, totally delicious and a must make!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Sweet Potato Soyrizo Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Sweet Potato Soyrizo Tacos
FOR THE TACOS
- 2 small sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 ounces soyrizo
- 8 taco-sized tortillas flour or corn
- cilantro and lime wedges for serving
FOR THE JALAPENO YOGURT SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the potatoes, bell pepper, oil and dry seasonings. Toss to coat evenly and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the soyrizo to the baking sheet and toss. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the oven and add salt if needed.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare the sauce. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add 1-2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk if needed, to thin. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To serve, heat the tortillas and layer on the sauce, veggies and soyrizo. Serve with lime wedges and extra cilantro.