Vegan Sausage & Ricotta Pizza
This Vegan Sausage & Ricotta Pizza has the perfect amount of crunch, spice and fresh flavors. A better than takeout vegan pizza you will want to make every Friday!
This Vegan Sausage & Ricotta Pizza is seriously so much better than any vegan takeout I’ve ever had. It tastes like pizza I had in my pre-vegan days, but better. I mean this pizza has an everything but the bagel crust – it doesn’t get much better than that.
This pizza does use a lot of pre-made ingredients, but I will list out options if you can’t find the exact same ingredients I used.
How to make Vegan Sausage & Ricotta Pizza
This pizza is actually super simple. First, get some pre-made dough. I get mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can find vegan-friendly dough at just about any grocery store. The key to a crunchy dough, is rolling it out in corn meal. You can use flour, but corn meal is better.
Next cook up your sausage. I used Beyond Meat sausage, but you can use whatever brand you like.
To assemble, spread out your dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Layer on the marinara sauce, tomato slices, shallot, cooked sausage, vegan ricotta (if you can’t find this pre-made, just make my Tofu Ricotta) and thyme.
Brush the crust with olive oil and then sprinkle it with some everything but the bagel seasoning. You can get this at Trader Joe’s or online, here. This crust is seriously delicious!
Pop the pizza in a hot oven and get ready for some tasty smells to take over your kitchen.
How to serve Vegan Sausage & Ricotta Pizza
Before serving, add some fresh basil, pepper and red pepper flakes to the pizza. Not 100% necessary, but very delicious.
You could also serve this with vegan ranch – I suggest trying my cilantro ranch!
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these pizza recipes:
Vegan Sausage & Ricotta Pizza
- 16 oz pre-made pizza dough I get mine at Trader Joe's
- corn meal for rolling out dough
- olive oil
- 8 oz vegan sausage I used Beyond Meat
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tomatoes cut into 8-10 slices
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 oz vegan ricotta*
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- basil, pepper, red pepper flakes optional toppings
- Spread corn meal out on a cutting board and place dough on it for 30-60 minutes, or until room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and spread dough out until the desired shape is reached.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the vegan sausage and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, stirring regularly. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Spread the marinara sauce out on the dough, leaving 1/2 inch of crust. Top with the tomato slices, shallots, vegan sausage, ricotta and fresh thyme.
- Brush the crust with some olive oil and sprinkle some everything but the bagel seasoning over the crust.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is crispy.
- Before serving, top with fresh basil, red pepper flakes and pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!