These Vegan Sausage & Egg Muffins are the ultimate brunch finger food or make ahead breakfast for meal prepping for the week!
Looking for a make ahead vegan breakfast for busy mornings? Or how about the best brunch party finger food? These little egg muffins are made with Just "Egg" and are the BEST dupe for a traditional egg bite. They are super delicious and there are lots of options for swaps!
How to make Vegan Sausage & Egg Muffins
These egg muffins take very little prep and 30 minutes of cooking time. Start by browning your vegan sausage (I used Beyond Meat, but you could swap for your favorite brand). Slice it into bite-sized pieces and let it cool while you prep the veggies.
I used a mixture of shallots, bell pepper and spinach. Some other options that would be great: red onion, mushrooms, broccoli, kale. The perfect way to use up leftover veggies in your fridge!
Combine the veggies, sausage, spices and 1 bottle of Just "Egg" in a mixing bowl and give it a stir. Spoon it into a muffin tin - get my silicon muffin tin here. Grab your second bottle of Just "Egg" and fill the muffin tins. Place them in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
How to serve Vegan Sausage & Egg Muffins
Remove the muffins from the oven (making sure the center is set) and allow to sit on the counter for at least 5 minutes to settle.
Carefully pop them out of the muffin tin and top with cilantro, green onion, parsley, avocado, ketchup, hot sauce...so many ways to serve these up!
These will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days, or you can pop them in a freezer-safe container and keep them on hand for later.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Sausage & Egg Muffins
- olive oil
- 8 oz vegan breakfast sausage* I used Beyond Meat
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 handfuls spinach roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 24 oz Just Egg 2 bottles
- cilantro, green onion, parsley, hot sauce, ketchup, avocado optional toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the vegan sausage and cook until browned on all sides & cooked through. Remove from the heat and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the shallot, bell pepper, spinach, sausage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and 1 container of Just Egg to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon equal amounts into each muffin cup. Grab the second bottle of Just Egg and pour it over each muffin cup until filled.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
- Serve hot with optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
These are sooo tasty! I made them for some non-vegan friends and they loved them! Will definitely continue making these.
Awesome! So glad everyone liked them!!!
Do you think it would be fine to add vegan cheese mixed in?! Looks great going to make tomorrow! Okay
Wow these were so good! I added some chopped tomatoes and some vegan cheddar cheese on top. They taste like REAL eggs. Thanks so much for the recipe!
Yum! These were great!