These Vegan Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins are the perfect combo of sweet and spicy. Serve with vegan butter for a delicious & savory side dish.
October is flying by.
Halloween is less than two weeks away and it will be Thanksgiving before we can even blink.
Which has me thinking about what I am going to serve at my house.
And then you have some wiggle room to try something new.
So, why not switch up the traditional dinner roles with these Vegan Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins?
Nothing screams Fall flavor like cornbread does, and the addition of jalapeños gives these a zing that will have you coming back for more.
I love eating these with a smear of vegan butter.
Vegan Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ cup agave
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 2 jalapeños separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Pour milk and vinegar into a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flax meal and water in a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add corn meal, flour, baking soda, coconut sugar and salt to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add agave, pumpkin, vegan butter, flax meal mixture, milk mixture to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Dice 1 jalapeño and fold into the batter.
- Distribute batter among 12 muffin tins. Top each muffin with a jalapeño slice and press it down slightly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vegan butter.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!