This Vegan Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is loaded with vegan eggs, vegan sausage, tempeh bacon and veggies. The perfect vegan brunch or meal prep breakfast.
Oh man...this is the ULTIMATE breakfast casserole! It literally has everything you want out of breakfast in one dish.
I'm talking veggies, vegan breakfast sausage, vegan eggs AND crispy tater tots on top! It really is the perfect combo.
What are vegan eggs
If you haven't been vegan for long, then maybe you're wondering what vegan eggs are. Let me just tell you that they have come a longgggggg way.
From powdered egg mixtures, to tofu scrambles (which are still a go-to for me), vegan eggs have had a serious glow-up over the past few years.
My go-to vegan eggs (and what I used for this recipe) are the Just Eggs. It is crazy how much they taste like real eggs (or at least what I remember real eggs tasting like), and they are available at so many stores these days.
You can use their store locator to find a store that carries them near you.
How to make this Vegan Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Once you have all of your veggies prepped, this casserole comes together super quick.
Cook your veggies until tender, brown your vegan "meat", add it to a casserole dish (or cast iron skillet, like I did), layer the vegan eggs & tater tots on top and pop it in the oven.
Once the eggs have set, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Top it all off with parsley and serve it up with ketchup & hot sauce on the side.
This is the stuff vegan brunch dreams are made of!
Need more breakfast inspo? Check out these recipes:
- Vegan Breakfast Nachos
- Open-Faced Burst Tomato & Pesto Sandwiches
- TTLA Sandwich
- Vegan Chickpea Potato Breakfast Hash
Vegan Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoon olive oil separated
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 8 oz vegan breakfast "meat" I used a combo of tempeh bacon and frozen sausage patties
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- non-stick spray
- 12 oz vegan egg liquid*
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- parsley for topping
- If you are using frozen vegan breakfast "meat", then set it out on a plate while you prep the veggies. It doesn't need to fully thaw.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the empty side.
- Add the vegan breakfast "meat" to the pan and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Combine the "meat" and veggies and turn the heat off. Add the cream cheese to the pan and stir until combined. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Spray a 10" cast iron skillet** (or baking dish) with non-stick spray. Transfer the veggie/"meat" mixture to the skillet and press it down into the bottom of the skillet. Pour the vegan eggs over top. Starting on the outside, layer frozen tater tots on top of the vegan eggs until the entire casserole is covered.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the vegan eggs have set. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Top with parsley, cut and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!