Make brunch at home with these Vegan Pesto & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches. The perfect combo of vegan eggs, cream cheese, spinach & pesto.
I have been on a bit of a brunch kick these days – probably has something to do with spring being right around the corner! And since we’re still mostly in lockdown mode, I like making my own brunch at home. These sandwiches are everything you could want from a restaurant, but super easy to cook up at home!
How to make Vegan Pesto & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
Making these sandwiches is super quick – especially if you use pre-made pesto. Start by cooking up some garlic and thyme in olive oil over medium heat. This is going to give us that fancy “restaurant-flavor” at home. Next, add vegan egg and scramble. Once the vegan eggs are just perfectly cooked through, remove them from the heat.
If you can’t find vegan eggs at your store, you can swap it for your favorite tofu scramble recipe.
Next assemble the sandwiches by buttering the outside of each slice of bread and then adding a layer of pesto, vegan cream cheese, spinach and the scrambled vegan eggs. Place the sandwiches in a hot pan and cook until both sides are browned.
How to serve Vegan Pesto & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
Take the hot sammies out of the pan and cut down the center. Serve them with hot sauce, ketchup or even more pesto!
These sandwiches are best served right away, but I did reheat leftovers the next day and they were still very tasty! If you don’t plan on eating it all in one sitting, you may want to leave the spinach out.
Need more brunch inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Pesto & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 oz vegan egg*
- 4 slices bread I used sourdough
- vegan butter
- vegan cream cheese
- vegan pesto
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the thyme, garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper. Cook for 30 seconds, or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the vegan eggs and scramble. Remove from the heat.
- Spread vegan butter on one side of each slice of bread. Turn the bread over and spread vegan cream cheese on one slice and vegan pesto on the other slice. Layer on the scrambled vegan eggs and spinach. Close the sandwiches so that the buttered sides are facing out.
- Wipe clean the pan you used for the vegan eggs and place back on the stove over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove from the pan, slice the sandwiches in half and serve!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!