Vegan Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
These Vegan Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets are fluffy, crispy little homemade pizza pockets filled with vegan cream cheese, pepperoni and marinara!
I am loving these puff pastry pizza pockets! They are simple to make and can be switched up with so many different fillings. The puff pastry sheets are rolled out, cut into squares, then filled with any of your favorite pizza toppings. Seal them up, bake them and top with garlic butter for an extra crispy crust. A fun pizza night recipe to make at home!
How to Roll out Puff Pastry
The first thing you want to do is find vegan puff pastry sheets. They are in the freezer section – near the pies. I have been able to find vegan-friendly puff pastry at just about any store, but always be sure to check the label, because some do have dairy.
You’ll want to thaw the puff pastry according to the package instructions – this usually includes leaving it on the counter for a few hours. When it is completely thawed, unroll each sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll it out so it is slightly larger than its original size. Use a knife or a pizza cutter to slice each sheet into 9 squares.
How to Fill the Pizza Pockets
The main thing to remember when filling the puff pastry is to not overdo it. You will have a little spillage out of the sides, but use less than you think you need.
Grab your favorite pizza ingredients. For this recipe I used marinara, vegan cream cheese and vegan pepperoni. Some other filling options are:
- vegan shredded cheese
- vegan sausage
- bell peppers
- sun-dried tomatoes
- artichoke hearts
- red onion
- vegan feta
Add about one tablespoon of sauce to the center of each square. Then 1/2 tablespoon of vegan cream cheese and 1-2 vegan pepperoni. Brush the edges of each square with aquafaba – the liquid from a can of chickpeas. Place another square of puff pastry on top. Dip a fork in the aquafaba and press down on the edges to seal. Brush with some more aquafaba and cut a slit in the top with a knife.
This part can be slightly messy, but just stick with it and if it’s looking a little “ugly”, don’t worry. After they bake they look totally fine. It’s a rustic look!
Finish it Off
Place the pizza pockets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 375. Meanwhile, make a quick garlic butter by melting vegan butter and mixing in garlic powder & dried oregano. Take the pizza pockets out and brush with the garlic butter. Place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
I like to serve these with warm marinara on the side for extra dipping. You could also do some vegan ranch on the side! These are best served right away, but can also be reheated.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- flour for rolling out puff pastry
- 9 tablespoons marinara plus more for serving
- 4 1/2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 18 vegan pepperoni I used Field Roast
- aquafaba the liquid from a can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the thawed puff pastry sheets on out on a lightly floured surface and gently roll out to make the sheets slightly larger. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut each sheet into 9 sheets. Place 9 sheets on the baking sheet.
- To the center of each square add 1 tablespoon of marinara, 1/2 tablespoon vegan cream cheese and 2 vegan pepperoni. Brush the edges with aquafaba and place a second sheet on top. Dip a fork in the aquafaba and press the edges down to seal the pizza pockets.* Brush the top with more aquafaba and use a knife to cut a small slit in the top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vegan butter, garlic powder and oregano in a bowl. Remove the pizza pockets from the oven and brush with the garlic butter. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
- Remove from the oven and serve with warm marinara on the side.