This 10 Minute Vegan Marinara Sauce requires just six ingredients and one pan. Perfect for a quick pasta dinner or served with garlic bread.
If there is just one meal you should keep ingredients on hand for at all times, it is this marinara sauce. And luckily it only requires six of them so that is pretty easy to do.
Pasta is a vegan’s best friend. Almost all dry pasta is vegan by nature. Let me repeat…almost ALL dry pasta is vegan. You wouldn’t believe how many times I get the question “Where do you buy vegan pasta?”.
And everytime I hear that I want to say:
Target, Trader Joe’s, 7-11, the liquor store…ANYWHERE that sells pasta.
It really is an easy go-to for vegans because it is so accessible.
And the ingredients to make this marinara sauce are too. It literally takes 10 minutes to make but tastes like it’s been cooking all day. The way we do that is by using a combination of fresh ingredients with some pre-made marinara.
Now, when it comes to the jarred marinara, use your favorite. I always opt for an organic brand that has whole, real ingredients. I think it tastes better and being able to read all of the ingredients on the label is always a plus.
By combining the flavors of jarred marinara with olive oil, fresh garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and diced tomatoes you get a sauce that has deep, rich flavors in next to no time.
Serve this over pasta for a quick dinner or with some piping hot garlic bread for a delicious snack.
10 Minute Vegan Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 25 oz jar marinara sauce*
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and sauté until tomatoes are cooked down (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- Once tomatoes are cooked, add marinara to the pan and stir to combine. Heat for an additional 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.**
- Serve over pasta or store in the fridge for later use.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!