A simple and delicious take on a classic breakfast takeout meal - these really are The Best Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches around!
I'm coming at you with a recipe on Saturday.
Crazy, I know.
But I HAD to post the recipe for these breakfast sandwiches now so you could have time to run out and get the ingredients for Sunday's breakfast!
I don't know about you, but I have eaten more than a few breakfast sandwiches in my life.
And I'm not talking about the vegan kind.
Now that those days are long gone, it was time to create the perfect plant-based version of this classic meal.
And believe me when I say I have done the research to find the BEST ingredients to make this sandwich taste as close to the real thing as possible.
Let's start with the egg.
Hands down, the Follow Your Heart vegan egg mix is the best egg replacement. Don't get me wrong, I love a tofu scramble, but for this recipe we're going to need something a little more realistic.
I get my egg mix at Whole Foods, Ralphs or online here.
Next, let's talk about the sausage.
I've tried a few vegan breakfast sausage brands, and Gardein definitely takes the win for most realistic flavor. I don't know how they do it, but they are dominating the faux-meat department in my opinion. Again, I got mine at Whole Foods, but you can find locations to buy near you on their website.
Lastly, I decided to change up the classic recipe slightly, by using a green chili, garlic, vegan cream cheese. Where do you buy something like that you ask?
Well, you don't.
I just took some traditional vegan cream cheese and spruced it up.
I've mentioned before that my favorite brand is Trader Joe's, but Tofutti is a close second.
And that's really all there is to it.
Toast some english muffins, layer everything on there and you have a delicious breakfast sandwich that will DEFINITELY have meat eaters scratching their heads (and rethinking ever going to Mickey D's again).
The Best Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 english muffins toasted
- ¼ cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp canned green chilies
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder
- 1 cup ice cold water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Gardein breakfast sausage patties
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Combine cream cheese, chilies and garlic in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat two pans on the stove over medium heat and coat with non-stick spray.
- Combine egg powder and water in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour into one of the pans and allow to fill the entire pan (like a huge pancake). Cook for 5 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes (until cooked through) and top with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and slice into 4 pieces.
- While the egg is cooking, place the sausage patties in the other pan. Cook for 5 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes (until sausage is browned on both sides). Remove from the pan.
- To assemble, spread 1 tbsp. of cream cheese mixture on the bottom of each english muffin, followed by a sausage patty, egg slice and a couple pieces of spinach. Top each sandwich with the other side of the english muffin.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!