These Vegan Oven Baked Tacos are the perfect weeknight dinner. Crispy taco shells are loaded with lentil taco "meat" and vegan queso!
It is Taco Tuesday and today I have a new vegan taco recipe that is going to be on your regular rotation. It is easy, tasty and makes the best leftovers.
Plus, it's tacos...a necessity we all need during this time.
How to Make the Chipotle Lentil Taco "Meat"
The filling of these tacos is actually an old TSV recipe - Chipotle Lentil Taco Meat. It is one of my favorites to use in bowls, burritos and...tacos.
This lentil filling is healthy, hearty and tasty. You can adjust the spice by increasing or decreasing the amount chipotles you add. You can even omit them altogether if you are super sensitive to spice.
Let's Talk About the Vegan Queso
The other main component of these vegan tacos is the Vegan Queso. If you haven't made this yet, now is the time. It is super simple (there are literally 2 ingredients) and it takes these tacos to another level.
Plus the recipe will make wayyyyy more queso than you need for these tacos so you can eat some on the side or save it for the next few days.
Vegan Oven Baked Taco Toppings
You have lots of options for toppings. I went with a simple combo of shredded lettuce, onion, cilantro, lime juice & hot sauce.
But some other options are avocaodo, guacamole, salsa, cabbage, peppers. Whatever your heart desires.
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these recipes:
Vegan Oven Baked Tacos
- Prepare the Chipotle Lentil Taco "Meat" and set aside.
- Prepare the 2-Ingredient Vegan Queso and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add a layer of lentils to the bottom of each taco shell and place in a casserole dish.* Add about 1 tbsp of vegan queso to each taco. Place in the oven (uncovered) and bake for 7-10 minutes - or until the the shells are slightly browned and the queso is bubbling.
- While the tacos are cooking, prepare the toppings. Combine the yellow onion, cilantro, lime juice & a pinch of salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the tacos from the oven and top with lettuce, onions and hot sauce. Serve with additional lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!