This Vegan Roasted Poblano Corn Dip is the perfect game day snack. Deliciously creamy and slightly spicy - dig in with your fave chips!
We're just about a week away from the Super Bowl and whether you're going to watch the game or not, there is always room for a tasty dip and chips. Am I right??? This dip has a smoky flavor from the charred poblano, creaminess from the vegan cream cheese and sweetness from the corn. It is an all around delicious appetizer!
How to roast the poblano & jalapeño
Roasting the peppers for this dip is easier than you think. Just throw them on a baking sheet and place them under the broiler for 10 minutes - flipping halfway. They are going to get this charred outer layer. That's where all the smoky flavor comes from.
Once they are out of the oven, cover them for 5 minutes, so they can steam. Then let them cool until you can handle them easily. Peel off the skin and pull out the stem. That's it. If you are super sensitive to heat, you can also remove the seeds, but I didn't find this to be overly spicy, so I left them in.
How to assemble Vegan Roasted Poblano Corn Dip
Once your peppers are roasted, add them to a food processor with garlic, lime juice, cooked onions, smoked paprika and a little olive oil. Blend everything together - doesn't need to be perfectly smooth - then transfer it all to a bowl. This stuff is a flavor bomb, and is the base for the dip.
Now you're going to add vegan cream cheese, vegan yogurt, cilantro and corn. Give it all a mix, and taste to make sure you don't need any extra salt. Then, transfer it to a baking dish and cook in the oven until hot and bubbly.
How to serve Vegan Roasted Poblano Corn Dip
Once you get the dip out of the oven top it with some cilantro and serve it up with your favorite chips. I decided to go with potato chips, but you could also go with tortilla chips or even warm pita bread.
I'm telling you this dip is beyond addicting and will be your new go-to party appetizer!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Roasted Poblano Corn Dip
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 tablespoon olive oil separated
- ½ red onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime juiced
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 4 oz plain vegan yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro plus more for topping
- 1.5 cups frozen corn thawed
- chips for serving
- Place the poblano and jalapeño on a baking sheet. Turn the oven to broil and cook on the top rack for 10 minutes - flipping halfway. You want both sides to char. Remove from the oven and cover with a clean kitchen towel for 5 minutes (to steam). Remove the towel and allow the peppers to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the skins and the stems then roughly chop them.*
- While the peppers are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, cumin, oregano, salt & pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions start to soften. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- To a food processor add the poblano, jalapeño, onions, garlic, smoked paprika, lime juice and remaining olive oil. Blend until everything is combined.
- To a bowl add the poblano mixture, cream cheese, yogurt, cilantro and corn. Mix until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the dip to a baking dish and cook in the oven until hot and bubbly - 15-20 minutes. For a crispy top, turn the oven to broil for the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven, top with cilantro and serve with your favorite chips.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!