Vegan Beef & Broccoli Noodles
These Vegan Beef & Broccoli Noodles are better than takeout and ready in under 30 minutes. The perfect comforting weeknight vegan dinner!
Noodles, vegan beef crumbles, tasty sauce and veggies? Sign me up! I am never mad about a noodle bowl and this one in particular is SUPER TASTY! You get the best of all worlds – savory noodles and plenty of green veggies. A classic takeout meal turned vegan!
How to make Vegan Beef & Broccoli Noodles
These noodles are incredibly tasty and take less than 30 minutes to bring together. Start by combining the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Next, heat some sesame oil in a pan with garlic, ginger, green onions and vegan beef crumbles. Let this cook down for a few minutes.
Add some broth (or water) to the pan with broccoli florets and cover & steam for 5-7 minutes. I prefer my broccoli on the crunchier side, so I only did 5 minutes.
While the broccoli is steaming, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the udon noodles for about 60 seconds. Drain the noodles, then add them to the broccoli pan along with the sauce. Toss everything together until combined.
How to serve Vegan Beef & Broccoli Noodles
Serve these up hot, with plenty of green onion on top. Grab your fork or some chop sticks and dig in to these super saucy, tasty noodles.
Feel free to add more and/or different veggies. You can also use a different type of noodle – just be sure to follow the package instructions for cooking.
These noodles make the best leftovers and can be stored in individual containers for a quick next day lunch.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Beef & Broccoli Noodles
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan oyster sauce can be subbed with hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
FOR THE NOODLES
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger diced
- 3 green onions diced, whites & greens separated
- 12 oz vegan beef crumbles*
- 1/4 cup broth or water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 14 oz udon noodles
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and whites of the green onion. Cook for 60 seconds then add the vegan beef crumbles. Break apart with a wooden spoon and cook down for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat and add the broth & broccoli and stir to combine. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.**
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the udon noodles and gently toss with tongs – just until they fall apart (about 60 seconds). Drain and set aside.
- Remove the lid from the pan and add the drained noodles and the sauce. Gently toss until everything is coated and combined. Serve with the remaining green onions on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Seems a very high sodium level. NHS recommends the following and your recipe has 2.2g … how can one reduce that in the recipe? Thank you
1 to 3 years should eat no more than 2g salt a day (0.8g sodium)
4 to 6 years should eat no more than 3g salt a day (1.2g sodium)
7 to 10 years should eat no more than 5g salt a day (2g sodium)
11 years and over should eat no more than 6g salt a day (2.4g sodium)
Hi Sue, the sodium is always listed as mg (not grams). So if you are trying not to have more than 6g of salt per day, then you wouldn’t more than 2400mg of sodium. This recipe is still under that, but you could cut it down by cutting the sauce by a 1/3 or by 1/2. That is where most of the sodium comes from. Hope you give it a try!
So darn good!! Great flavors, easy to make and keeps well for meal planning. 👍
So glad you liked this Karolyn!
I just made this tonight, and neglected to tell the family (until afterward) that it was vegan. 🙂 It was really good! I couldn’t find any “vegan beef crumbles” so I bought some Impossible Burger and fried that up. I will be serving it again, for sure. I’m glad I found your site!
Hi Matt – that sounds like the perfect swap. So glad you found TSV too 🤗
Very good flavor, light but still very satisfying. Would make again!
Hi Erica – So glad you liked it!