If you need a simple and delicious appetizer then look no further than these Vegan Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Jalapenos are kinda the best thing ever.
I pretty much put them on everything.
The spicier, the better, from my point of view. And now, you can enjoy jalapeno poppers without any dairy, and at home. Yes, the world just got that much better. I know the list of my favorite jalapeno recipes has increased by 1!
The key to all of the delicious flavors in this recipe come from the filling of course. Vegan cream cheese is mixed with a chipotle pepper, red onion, cilantro and a few seasonings to give these little guys a zingy flavor and creamy texture. Before going in the oven they are topped off with bread crumbs for a nice crunch. After these bake for 25 minutes you can top them off with some more cilantro and vegan ranch. Because ranch only makes things better.
*My favorite vegan ranch is from Hampton Creek. I get mine at Target, but you can find it online here.
Vegan Baked Jalapeno Poppers
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro diced
FOR THE POPPERS
- 8-12 jalapenos* cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Optional toppings: vegan ranch cilantro, red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Prepare the filling by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and stirring to combine.
- Slice the jalapenos down the center lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds with a small spoon. Rinse the jalapeno halves to remove any remaining seeds and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Fill jalapenos with cream cheese mixture and top with breadcrumbs. Place on the baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until tops begin to brown and jalapenos are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and top with optional toppings. Serve and enjoy!