Vegan Feta Grilled Cheese
These Vegan Feta Grilled Cheese sandwiches are layered with vegan feta, pesto, spinach & roasted red peppers. Grilled until crispy and served hot!
If you are in need of some comfort food these Vegan Feta Grilled Cheese sandwiches are it! Vegan feta is mixed into a special sauce combo. Vegan pesto is combined with mayo for a creamy sauce. And the center is layered with roasted red peppers, spinach and basil. Cook in a skillet until crispy and dig in!
Step One: Make the Sauces
There are two sauces that go into this sandwich – because more is always better when it comes to sauce. Here is what you need:
- vegan mayo
- vegan pesto – I got mine pre-made at Trader Joe’s
- vegan feta – I love the one from Trader Joe’s
- dijon mustard
Add 1/2 of the vegan mayo to a bowl with the pesto. Give it a mix until you have a creamy combo. You can also make your pesto from scratch. Get one of my favorite recipes here.
To another bowl add the rest of the vegan mayo, the crumbled feta and the dijon mustard. Mix to combine, using a fork to mash the feta. This sauce is AMA-ZING! You will want to put it on everything!
Step Two: Assemble and Grill
Spread vegan butter on one side of each piece of bread – I used sourdough, because it’s my fave. Turn over one slice and layer the feta sauce, roasted peppers and basil. Turn over the other slice and spread on the vegan pesto and top with spinach. Close the sandwich and repeat with the other sandwich ingredients.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until browned on both sides (approx. 2-3 minutes per side).
Step Three: Eat Up!
Serve these sandwiches up while they’re still hot of the stove. The vegan feta should be melty. The spinach should be slightly wilted, but still have a little crunch. The bread will be buttery & toasty.
These sandwiches are what vegan comfort dreams are made of. In the colder months, serve these up with a bowl of tomato soup! Yum!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Vegan Feta Grilled Cheese
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of vegan mayo and the pesto. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the remaining vegan mayo, vegan feta and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Turn over one slice and layer the feta, roasted peppers and basil. Turn over the other slice and spread on some vegan pesto and top with spinach. Close the sandwich and repeat with the other sandwich ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until browned on both sides (approx. 2-3 minutes per side).
- Remove from the skillet, slice in half and serve.