These Vegan Cream Cheese Rangoons are the perfect holiday appetizer - fried until crispy and served up with a tangy cranberry sauce.
This post is sponsored by Nasoya.
The holidays are quickly approaching, and I already have so many fun recipes planned! We're kicking things off with these super cute (and tasty) rangoons! I've partnered up with my friends over at Nasoya to get the perfect crispy crunch with their Vegan Won Ton Wraps.
It used to be so hard to find vegan-friendly won ton wrappers at my store, but not anymore. You can find Nasoya's won ton wrappers just about everywhere these days, which makes it so much easier to cook up tasty apps like this one. Check out their store locator to see where you can get them!
How to make Vegan Cream Cheese Rangoons
One thing I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make! Prepare the filling, load up the won ton wrappers, give them a quick pinch, and pop them in some oil until crispy. It really couldn't get any easier.
The filling is just a combo of vegan cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger. Stir it up in a bowl, and you are ready to go.
How to serve Vegan Cream Cheese Rangoons
Now, you know I couldn't leave you hanging without a tasty sauce to go with these guys. And this cranberry dipping sauce is another level! It is tangy and sweet, in all the best ways.
Add everything to a sauce pan and cook until smooth and combined. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
How to freeze Vegan Cream Cheese Rangoons
If you are making these ahead of time, which I totally recommend, then prepare all of the wontons and place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until completely frozen. Pop them into a freezer-safe container and fry them up whenever the craving hits.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Cream Cheese Rangoons
FOR THE WONTONS
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 2 green onions diced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ inch fresh ginger finely diced
- 24 Nasoya Vegan Won Ton Wraps
- oil for frying
FOR THE CRANBERRY DIPPING SAUCE
- ½ cup jellied cranberry
- ½ cup orange juice
- Prepare the dipping sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a sauce pan and simmering on low heat until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to cool - it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Prepare the filling by adding all of the ingredients to a bowl and stirring to combine.
- Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the center of a won ton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper. Bring each corner of the wrapper to the center and pinch to close. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large pot. Add 3-6 won tons to the hot oil and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pot and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all of the won tons are cooked. Serve with the cranberry dipping sauce.
What brand of cream cheese is used? The one I used liquifies and evaporates.
Hi Terry - I usually use Kite Hill!
I know they won't be quite as crispy, but can these be air fried? I try to use minimal oil for my meals, and am always looking for more air fryer treats!!
Hey! You definitely should be able to air fry these. I think that 5-6 minutes at 350 should do the trick. Let us know how they turn out!
Jesse A Dresbach
Wow, you read my mind, came here to ask that!!!!! The air fryer is not only less oil but such a time saver! The fact that these can be frozen is AMAZING... I'll be making a lot soon!