This Slow Cooker 3 Bean Chili is the perfect healthy vegan dinner. With a smoky flavor, plenty of veggies and TONS of protein, it's a complete meal!
Today I'm back with another slow cooker dinner that is perfect for Fall! This chili has a smoky flavor from the chipotle peppers and smoked paprika. Plus it is packed with protein, fiber and LOTS of veggies. Grab a blanket, a good book and cozy up with a bowl of this chili.
How to make Slow Cooker 3 Bean Chili
The majority of the "work" for this recipe is all the chopping. It is slightly time consuming, but weirdly soothing. By prepping everything at the beginning, this will come together super quickly once you get going.
Once the veggies are prepped, they are going to quickly get sautéed in a pan. This will allow the veggies to get tender, the vegan beef crumbles to brown and the spices to open up. You only need to cook everything down for about 5 minutes.
Now, just add the veggie mix to the slow cooker with the diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, broth and beans. Give it a stir and cover it up. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8.
How to serve Slow Cooker 3 Bean Chili
When the timer goes off, give the chili a stir and a taste. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
And now for the best part...toppings! You can top this chili with all kinds of things! Green onion, cilantro, tortilla chips, corn chips, cornbread, non-dairy yogurt. Get creative and dig into this hearty, delicious meal!
Need more recipes? Check these out:
Slow Cooker 3 Bean Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups broth
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- cilantro, green onions, tortilla chips optional toppings
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients (through the beef crumbles) to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies start to get tender and the beef crumbles start to brown. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasonings as needed. Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!