Vegan California Panini
This Vegan California Panini is packed full of avocado, red onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, spinach and vegan cream cheese.
Another thanksgiving has come and gone.
I LOVED seeing all of your recreations of the TSV thanksgiving recipes! I know thanksgiving can be a little overwhelming when you’re vegan (especially a new vegan), so being able to make your holiday a little easier makes me so happy to see and hear.
And now that thanksgiving is over I am craving all things non-thanksgiving. I had three days straight of potatoes, stuffing and gravy.
My tastebuds are ready for something totally different.
And this Vegan California Panini is just that.
The combination of avocado, red onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, spinach and vegan cream cheese may sound kinda funky, but I SWEAR it tastes amazing.
You get creaminess from the cream cheese & avocado, crunchiness from the red onion & spinach and a little bit of spice from the jalapeño.
It is a fresh and savory combo that makes a perfect lunch or dinner.
Need more sandwich inspo? Check out my Green Goddess Sandwich or Grilled Veggie Sandwich.
Vegan California Panini
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 red onion sliced in rounds
- 1 tomato sliced in rounds
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Spread 1/2 tsp of butter on each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of bread, butter-side down on the griddle. Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese on each slice of bread followed by onion, tomato, avocado, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with salt and pepper and place second slice of bread on top (butter-side up) and press down.
- When sandwiches begin to brown, flip and cook until the other side is browned.
- Remove from the griddle and take off one slice of bread from each sandwich. Add spinach to the center of each sandwich and place bread slice back on the sandwich. Cut in half and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
This was delicious! Thanks for sharing.
So glad you liked it!!!