These Vegan Breakfast Bagel Bites are a super fun weekend breakfast - mini bagels loaded with vegan eggs, tempeh bacon & all the toppings!
I don't know about you, but I may have eaten one or two bagel bites in my childhood. BUT the fun doesn't have to end there - these Vegan Breakfast Bagel Bites are a super fun (and nostalgic) way to relive those memories. Serve these at your next brunch with a buffet of toppings...so good!
What are vegan eggs?
I used the Just Vegan Eggs and they are my absolute favorite. They are made from mung beans - but you'd never know by the look and taste of them. If you can't find Just Eggs, there are some other brands on the market. I haven't tried any of them with this recipe so I can't speak to the flavor/texture.
You could also whip up a batch of your favorite tofu scramble if that is more your thing.
Where do I get mini bagels?
Well, I simply got mine at my local Ralph's. Most bagel brands these days are vegan-friendly, so it wasn't super hard.
But you have some other options if you can't find mini bagels. You could swap them for whole bagels or even english muffins. You could even get crazy and make bagels from scratch 👀
How to serve Vegan Breakfast Bagel Bites
Now, let's talk toppings. Yes, these bagel bites are great on their own, but you know I can't say no to a topping of some sort.
There are seriously soooooooo many options. Here are some of my favorites:
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- green onion
- hot sauce
You could also get wild and cook extra veggies into the eggs! There are so many combos to fit your favorite breakfast flavors!
Need more brunch inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Breakfast Bagel Bites
- 6 mini bagels* cut in half
- olive oil spray
- 3 oz tempeh bacon cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 12 oz Just vegan egg**
- ¼ cup non-dairy cream*** unsweetened, or non-dairy milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 green onions diced
- avocado, hot sauce, everything but the bagel seasoning, ketchup, green onion optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cut bagels on the baking sheet and spray with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- While the bagels are cooking, prepare the "bacon" and "eggs". Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add the tempeh bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until crispy. While the tempeh bacon is cooking, combine the vegan egg, cream and a pinch of salt & pepper to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Remove the tempeh from the pan and set aside. Place the empty pan back on the stove over medium heat. Add the vegan butter and melt. Add the vegan egg mixture and cook until scrambled. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions.
- To assemble, add the scrambled eggs to each bagel and top with the tempeh bacon. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the bagels are toasted and everything is hot.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!