This Vegan Avocado Kale Caesar with Everything Bagel Croutons is going to be your go-to salad. Homemade croutons and the BEST tahini dressing.
This is LITERALLY the most addictive salad on the planet! You're going to make it, look at it, and think "This is plenty to share...", then you're going to take a bite and realize, nope, that whole thing is just for you.
Ok, maybe you're nicer than me, and you'll share. But this salad is so, so tasty!
How to make Vegan Avocado Kale Caesar with Everything Bagel Croutons
From the homemade sourdough, everything bagel croutons, to the stupidly simple tahini dressing, to the chunks of fresh avocado. I'm telling you...addicting.
So, to make the best croutons you've ever eaten, you just need a couple things. Day old sourdough (or your bread of choice), olive oil and Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, no worries. You can buy it online, find another brand at your local store, or do a quick google search to find out how to make your own.
It is basically a combo of sesame seeds, garlic, salt & pepper. If you haven't tried it - you need to. You will want to put this stuff on everything.
Once you have your crouton ingredients combined, give them a quick toss, then bake for about 20 minutes. They will get crunchy and delicious.
While the croutons are cooking, make the rest of your salad.
How to serve Vegan Avocado Kale Caesar with Everything Bagel Croutons
The dressing is a simple combo of tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper. Shake everything up in a mason jar (or stir together in a bowl) and let it hang out in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
And that's pretty much it. Toss together your kale, avocado, croutons and dressing. If you want to add some vegan parm to the top, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Or maybe even serve it with some vegan chicken? Feel free to add your own flare or keep it as is.
Either way, you (and anyone you share this with) is going to devour this in seconds. Mark my words 🙂
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Avocado Kale Caesar with Everything Bagel Croutons
- 2 cups sourdough bread cubed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning*
- 4 cups kale stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups arugula loosely packed
- 2 avocados diced
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1-2 lemons juiced, to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- water as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the bread, olive oil and everything but the bagel seasoning in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Spread the bread evenly on the baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes - tossing halfway.
- While the croutons are cooking prepare the rest of the salad. Combine the kale, arugula and avocado in a large bowl and place in the fridge.
- Combine the tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper to bowl or mason jar. Stir to combine, adding water until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the croutons from the oven. Add the dressing to the salad and top with croutons. Toss to combine and serve!**
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
I need these croutons right now,
I need this for lunch today! Thanks for sharing.