A 20 minute dinner that will have you going back for seconds - these Buffalo…
These Vegan Breakfast Tacos combine veggie scrambled tofu with spicy soyrizo – add your favorite toppings and you have the perfect weekend breakfast.
During the week I am all about smoothies for breakfast. Easy way to get some fruit in first thing in the morning. Not to mention you can grab it and go.
But when the weekends come around I like taking a break from smoothies and switching it up. And these Vegan Breakfast Tacos are a tasty go-to.
Before I was vegan I used to make something similar to these tacos. With a couple easy swaps – tofu for eggs and soyrizo for bacon – they are completely vegan-ized and taste amazing!
Turmeric is what gives the tofu the “eggy” yellow color. That color combined with the texture of firm tofu really gives you the feeling of eggs.
Once you have everything cooked up – add in some veggies and top with cilantro, avocado and salsa. Perfect Saturday breakfast!
Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1 tsp. olive oil separated
- 1/4 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 4 small sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soyrizo
- 6 GF corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: cilantro avocado, jalapeños, salsa
- Drain tofu and cut in half. Dry tofu off with a paper towel and set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tsp. olive oil to the pan followed by onion, garlic, cayenne and cumin. Lower heat to medium. Sauté until onions begin to soften - approx. 5 minutes. If veggies begin to stick, add water to the pan 1 tbsp. at a time.
- Add peppers to the pan and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/2 tsp. olive oil to the pan and add drained tofu. Crumble with a potato masher or a wooden spoon. Add turmeric, salt and pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until heated through. Add veggies back to the pan and combine. Set heat to low until ready to serve.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and add soyrizo. Cook until heated through - about 2-3 minutes.
- Steam tortillas by wrapping them in a wet paper towel and placing them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Assemble tacos - place some of the tofu/veggie mix on the tortilla, followed by soyrizo, cilantro, avocado, jalapeños and salsa.