Perfect vegan lunch or quick dinner - these Smashed Chickpea Salad Wraps require no cooking and…
These BBQ Chickpea Lettuce Wraps are the perfect lunch or dinner when you don’t feel like cooking. Topped with Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing & avocado slices.
Yesterday I shared the recipe for my favorite Vegan Cilantro Ranch. And in that post, I promised I would be sharing some new recipes with you to use that dressing with. Well…here is the first one!
These BBQ Chickpea Lettuce Wraps are the perfect cold meal when you don’t feel like cooking, but want something quick and filling. They are seriously tasty – and they’re really giving my Chickpea Salad recipe a run for its money.
How to make the BBQ Chickpea filling
The filling for these lettuce wraps is super simple. Combine chickpeas, carrots, jalapeño, red onion, vegan mayo, BBQ sauce & spices in a big bowl. Let everything sit in the fridge for 30-60 minutes (to let the flavors meld) then it is time to assemble.
I’m not going to lie, the filling is pretty good on its own. BUT you know I am all about toppings and sauce, so I obviously had to amp these up with some extra goodies.
I went with avocado slices, radish slices (for some crunch), lime wedges, cilantro and, of course, the cilantro ranch.
These lettuce wraps are crunchy, savory and easily one of my new favorite recipes. You can also prep these ahead of time for lunch the next day. I would just hold off on assembling until you eat so your lettuce doesn’t get soggy.
SHOP THE POST
BBQ Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 2 tbsp carrots diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing*
- 2 tbsp cilantro diced, plus more for topping
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves separated
- 2 avocados diced
- lime wedges, radish slices for serving
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash with a fork. You can leave some chickpeas intact.
- Add the vegan mayo, jalapeño, red onion, carrots, BBQ sauce, smoked paprika, garlic salt & pepper to the chickpeas and stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes – can be made 24 hours in advance.
- Prepare the Vegan Cilantro Ranch Dressing while the filling is cooling.
- Before serving add 2 tbsp of cilantro to the chickpea mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and top with avocado, cilantro ranch, radish slices and more cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!