These Vegan Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce are quick, healthy and raw. These come together in 15 minutes and are perfect for meal prep.
I may or may not have an obsession with spicy peanut sauce.
If you follow me on instagram then you know I make a variation of my Pad Thai Veggie Salad at least once a week just so I can make my favorite sauce.
And while that salad is amazing, I thought it might be good to switch it up every now and then and top something else with peanut sauce (other than a spoon).
Which is how these Vegan Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce were born.
These literally take 5 minutes to put together, but look like a million bucks.
You can easily impress friends or family with these restaurant-worthy wraps.
Not cooking for anyone but yourself?
These are the perfect make ahead snack or lunch - put the wraps in a tupperware with the peanut sauce in a side bowl and you have a filling + veggie packed meal.
Vegan Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari for GF
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small jalapeño roughly chopped
FOR THE LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 jalapeño julienned
- ½ cup pre-sliced purple cabbage
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- cilantro to taste
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed or add more water if it needs thinning. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
FOR THE WRAPS
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves. Distribute remaining ingredients evenly among 6-8 lettuce leaves. Serve with peanut sauce on the side.