These Vegan Bang Bang Cauliflower Tacos are slightly spicy and a whole lotta delicious! A tangy slaw, crispy cauliflower and avocado slices.
So, a couple weeks ago I introduced you to Bang Bang Tofu. And it took me all of 2 seconds to decide I needed to use that same sauce on cauliflower tacos. There is something so tasty about that creamy, spicy sauce that I can't get enough of. And I could eat cauliflower all day every day. It was meant to be.
How to make the bang bang cauliflower
The cauliflower is your typical process - wet dredge, bread crumbs, bake, sauce, bake again. The wet dredge is made up of flour, corn starch, white pepper, salt, sriracha, non-dairy milk and water. You want this to be the consistency of pancake batter. It will coat the cauliflower and help the panko bread crumbs stick. Add the finished florets to a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes.
While the cauliflower is baking, it is time to make the bang bang sauce. It is just a simple combo of vegan mayo, sriracha and rice vinegar. You can adjust the sriracha to your spice level, but I like to add the max amount.
Once the cauliflower is done baking, give it a bath in the sauce and then put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Pull it back out and top the cauliflower with sesame seeds - not necessary, but a fun addition.
How to assemble Vegan Bang Bang Cauliflower Tacos
To assemble, heat the tortillas and then layer on homemade slaw, the bang bang cauliflower, avocado wedges, cilantro and a drizzle of sriracha for some extra spice. Serve with lime wedges and dig in.
I do want to note that the cauliflower will lose some of its crunch when you add the sauce. If you want super crispy cauliflower, you have the option to skip the sauce bath and just drizzle the sauce over the finished tacos. I think these taste great both ways!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Bang Bang Cauliflower Tacos
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
FOR THE TACOS
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- 2 avocados sliced
- 8 tortillas corn or flour
- cilantro, lime wedges, sriracha for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, corn starch, salt, white pepper, 1 tablespoon sriacha, non-dairy milk and water in a bowl. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, spread out some panko.
- Dredge cauliflower in the wet mixture, allowing the excess to drip off. Place in the panko and coat on all sides. Add the finished floret to the baking sheet and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the slaw. Combine the cabbage, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Also prepare the sauce by combining the vegan mayo, rice vinegar and remaining sriracha (you can use 2-4 tablespoon depending on your spice preference) in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and use a fork to dip the florets in the sauce.* Place the florets back on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for another 5 minutes. For an even crispier cauliflower, turn the oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with sesame seeds.
- Heat the tortillas over an open flame or in a skillet and assemble the tacos. Layer tortillas with the slaw, cauliflower, avocado, cilantro and sriracha. Serve with lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!