Perfect for a cold weeknight, this Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is healthy, comforting and packed full of fiber and protein. Spice it up with your fave toppings!
There is nothing better than an easy, veggie-filled, fiber-packed recipe that you can add to the slow cooker and forget about. I was eating this soup for 5 days straight and I wasn’t mad about it. This soup makes the BEST leftovers and you can switch it up every time by changing out the toppings.
How to make Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
This soup is literally BEYOND easy to make! Add everything to the slow cooker and let it do its thing for 4-8 hours (depending if you set it to high or low). This is the part where you can put your feet up knowing that dinner is basically done.
Once it is done cooking, you can leave the soup as is, or do what I did, and blend half of it. This gives it a super creamy consistency that I really enjoyed. I used my immersion blender, but you can also use a standing blender.
The last step is adding some lime juice and salt (if needed) right before serving.
How to serve Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
The fun part about this recipe is the toppings!!!
You have so many options when it comes to toppings…cilantro, green onion, avocado, tortilla chips. The list goes on and on. AND, you also have the option to serve this soup alongside rice. This makes the soup a more filling meal and I definitely recommend it!
The leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days and you can also freeze leftovers for future easy grab and go lunches.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 4 15-ounce cans black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 oz soyrizo crumbled
- 4 cups broth*
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- rice, avocado, cilantro, green onion, lime wedges, tortilla chips, hot sauce for serving, optional
- Add all of the ingredients (except the lime juice and salt) to a slow cooker. Stir to combine and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and use an immersion blender to blend half of the soup. You can also transfer half of the soup to a standing blender, blend it up, and add it back to the slow cooker. Add the lime juice and stir to combine. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Add soup to a bowl with optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!