Spicy Vegan Gochujang Noodles
These Spicy Vegan Gochujang Noodles are ready in 30 minutes and pack the perfect amount of heat & creaminess. These are comfort in a bowl.
If spicy noodles are your thing, then you need to try these Spicy Vegan Gochujang Noodles! They are packed with garlic, have a creamy sauce that is spiced up with gochujang paste and served with plenty of green onion & chili oil. You need to try them!
How to Make the Noodles
One of the best parts of this recipe is that everything is made in one pot! Boil some water and cook your noodles. I used tagliatelle, but you can use spaghetti, linguine or rice noodles. Just be sure to slightly undercook them so that they can finish cooking in the sauce.
Drain the noodles (reserving some of the cooking water) and place the empty pot back on the stove. Melt some vegan butter and cook down chopped shallots, garlic & a serrano pepper – you can omit the serrano for less spice. Sprinkle in a good amount of pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
Add in the gochujang paste and tomato paste. Cook for another minute or two, then add broth and non-dairy cream. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and add the noodles & reserved pasta water. Toss for a few minutes. This is why you want to undercook the noodles. As you toss them, they will continue to cook and absorb the sauce.
How to Serve
Once the noodles have absorbed the sauce and are completely cooked it is time to serve – easy, right? I like to top mine with LOTS of green onion and chili oil. I usually buy my chili oil from the store, but you could also make it from scratch by heating some sesame oil in a skillet and frying red pepper flakes in it for about 60 seconds.
These noodles are incredibly easy, so tasty and pack some heat. If you are super sensitive to heat, you can also omit the serrano, use less gochujang paste and skip the chili oil.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Spicy Vegan Gochujang Noodles I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Spicy Vegan Gochujang Noodles
- 3/4 pound pasta I used tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons gochujang paste to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup broth I used vegan chicken broth
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cream or sub non-dairy milk
- green onions, chili oil for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente – be sure to undercook the pasta since it will finish cooking in the sauce. Drain the pasta, reserving some pasta water.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove over medium heat and melt the vegan butter. Add the garlic, shallot, serrano and a big pinch of pepper. Cook down for a few minutes, or until the shallot is tender. Add the gochujang & tomato paste and cook for about a minute.
- Pour in the broth & non-dairy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the pasta back to the pot with a splash of the reserved pasta water. Continue to toss the pasta until the noodles are fully cooked and have absorbed all of the sauce.* Add to bowls and top with green onion and chili oil.