This Vegan Pumpkin Chili is hearty, healthy and tasty. Filled with white beans, vegan beef crumbles, veggies and plenty of seasonings. The Fall recipe you need to try!
Pumpkin in chili might sound like a strange combo. But I promise you, it is the chili ingredient you've been missing out on! It adds a deeper flavor, a creamy texture and a healthy dose of fiber. Plus, can we ever say no to pumpkin in October? I think not.
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Chili
This chili is incredibly simple, and starts with the basic chili components. Oil, onion & garlic. Let that cook down for a couple of minutes, then add in the vegan beef crumble and all of the seasonings. Get ready for your house to smell ridiculously delicious.
After that cooks for another couple minutes, it's time to add everything else - white beans, pumpkin puree, green chiles, tomato paste, broth and bay leaves. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
While that's cooking, feel free to whip up a batch of my Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins.
How to serve Vegan Pumpkin Chili
Once you've let the chili flavors come together, remove the bay leaves and give it one last taste. Adjust any of the seasonings you need to, and serve it up.
Some topping options are vegan sour cream, non-dairy yogurt, chives, green onion, corn chips, tortilla chips, avocado.
Make this on a Sunday night and eat the leftovers for lunch throughout the week. This recipe screams Fall and October in a bowl...but, savory, of course.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 12 ounces vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 4.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 7 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups broth*
- 2 bay leaves
- salt if needed
- cornbread, chives, vegan sour cream, corn chips, avocado, green onion optional toppings
- Add the oil to a stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion & garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the vegan beef crumbles and all of the seasonings. Cook down for another few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the beans, pumpkin, green chiles, tomato paste, broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve hot, with any of the optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!