This Spicy Garlic & Ginger Pasta is where East meets West. Vegan beef crumbles are cooked with soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic & ginger.
This pasta is beyond addicting. The combination of ingredients might seem a little weird, but trust me, it all comes together beautifully. I'd call this an Asian bolognese. The seasonings are a mix of Italian and Asian flavors and then everything is topped off with green onion and cilantro!
How to make Spicy Garlic & Ginger Pasta
This pasta comes together super quickly, so it is best to have all of your ingredients ready to go. Start off by cooking some garlic, ginger and green onions in sesame oil. Next, add the vegan beef crumbles (or sub them for cooked lentils), tomato paste, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Adjust the spice to your liking...I obviously was heavy handed with my red pepper flakes!
Let this all cook down while the pasta is cooking. When the pasta is done add it to the sauce with shredded cabbage and some of the pasta water. Give everything a good toss!
How to serve Spicy Garlic & Ginger Pasta
Serve the pasta with a drizzle of sesame oil, more red pepper flakes and plenty of cilantro & green onion. The fresh herbs add so much flavor to the pasta and just bring everything together.
This pasta is comfort food in a bowl and the perfect date night dinner!
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these recipes:
Spicy Garlic & Ginger Pasta
- 8 oz pasta I used fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely diced
- 3 green onions finely diced, whites & greens separated
- 6 oz vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- cilantro for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions - being sure to reserve some of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and whites of the green onion and cook for 60 seconds. Add the vegan beef crumbles, tomato paste, soy sauces, red pepper flakes and a splash of water. Stir to combine and lower heat until the pasta is done cooking.
- Use tongs to transfer the cooked pasta to the sauce and add the cabbage. Toss to combine and add pasta water as needed.
- To serve, top the pasta with a drizzle of sesame oil, the remaining green onions, cilantro and more red pepper flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!