These Spicy Tahini Noodles with Bok Choy have a creamy vegan sauce, tender bok choy and plenty of fresh herbs. A quick and easy dinner idea!
If you haven't jumped on the tahini train, then you need to try these noodles. They are super creamy, a little spicy and definitely not lacking in flavor! Served with bok choy and topped with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes (for an extra kick). These noodles are ready in less than 30 minutes and are the perfect weeknight dinner!
How to make the spicy tahini sauce
The tahini sauce is super simple. Grab a food processor or blender and add tahini (duh), soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, agave, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Blend until creamy and smooth - adding water as needed.
Tahini naturally has a bitter taste, but should be balanced by the other ingredients. If you find it to be too bitter, just add a little more soy sauce and you should be good to go.
Bring it together
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. When the noodles are 2 minutes from being done, add the bok choy to the water. This will cook the bok choy just enough (and save you from using another pan). Remove the bok choy and drain the noodles.
Place the empty pot back on the stove, add the noodles, the sauce & cilantro and give everything a good toss. Serve the noodles right away with the bok choy, more cilantro, green onion, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and lime wedges.
This is the perfect weeknight dinner! It requires very few dishes, is balanced with noodles and veggies AND it's totally saucy! You need to give it a try!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Spicy Tahini Noodles with Bok Choy
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE NOODLES
- 8 ounces linguine dry
- 2 bundles baby bok choy cut in half length-wise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- sesame seeds, lime wedges, red pepper flakes for serving
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth - adding water as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.* Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
- When the pasta is 2 minutes from being done, add the bok choy to the pot. Boil for the remaining 2 minutes and remove the bok choy with tongs. Drain the pasta.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove with no heat. Add the noodles, sauce and cilantro. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately with the bok choy, green onions, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!