Ready in 30 minutes, filled with veggies and totally tasty. These Simple Hoisin Tofu Noodles are a quick and easy vegan dinner idea!
Saucy noodles, crispy tofu and alllllll the veggies. Yep, these Simple Hoisin Tofu Noodles are everything you could want in one bowl. These are a perfect weeknight dinner - they only take 30 minutes to bring together. And they make the BEST leftovers. These are a must make!
How to make the crispy tofu
The tofu for this recipe is crumbled and pan fried with a little bit of oil. The key to getting it crispy without a ton of oil is by:
- pressing the tofu thoroughly - get as much of that moisture out of there.
- allowing the remaining liquid to cook off in the pan before moving the tofu around too much.
- adding a little bit of sauce and letting the tofu brown in the pan before removing it.
Bring it all together
Once the tofu is crispy, it is time to cook the veggies. Start off with some garlic, ginger, green onion and yellow onion. Once the onion starts to get tender, add in the bell pepper, cabbage and carrots. It will seem like A LOT of cabbage at first, but it will wilt down.
Add in the cooked noodles & the sauce and toss everything together until all of the sauce is absorbed. Return the crispy tofu to the pan and you are ready to eat.
Top it off with more green onion, sesame seeds and some sesame oil. These noodles are great the first night, but also make AMAZING leftovers.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Simple Hoisin Tofu Noodles
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE TOFU
- 1 package firm tofu drained and pressed
- oil for frying
FOR THE NOODLES
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil plus more for topping
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 4 green onions diced, whites & greens separated
- ½ yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- ¼ head cabbage shredded
- sesame seeds for serving
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Crumble the pressed tofu* into the pan and break apart with a wooden spoon. Allow the excess moisture to cook off before moving the tofu around. Once the tofu starts to brown, add 2 tablespoons of the sauce and cook until the tofu gets browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the empty pan back on the stove and heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, white of the green onions and the yellow onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions start to get tender. Add the bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the carrot & cabbage and toss until the cabbage has wilted.
- Add the noodles & sauce and toss until all of the sauce is absorbed. Top with the remaining green onion, sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!