These Spicy Popcorn Tofu Nuggets are seasoned to perfection, battered in potato chip crumbs and served with my favorite bang bang sauce!
Crispy, spicy and completely delicious! These Spicy Popcorn Tofu Nuggets are an appetizer that everyone will love. They are marinated with LOTS of flavors, rolled in crushed potato chips and served with bang bang sauce. These are the ultimate party snack!
How to make Spicy Popcorn Tofu Nuggets
To give these tofu nuggets lots of flavor, we've got to start with a good marinade. Combine non-dairy milk, buffalo sauce and lots of spices. Break apart a block of extra firm tofu (it needs to be extra firm to hold the nugget shape) and add the pieces to the marinade. Place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but longer is better!
While the tofu is marinating, break apart the potato chips until they look like breadcrumbs. Dip the marinated tofu in the chips and place them on a baking sheet. It can be a little tricky getting the chip crumbs to stick - don't be afraid to really press them in with your hands.
Give them a quick spray of olive oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
How to serve Spicy Popcorn Tofu Nuggets
While the nuggets are baking, let's make the dipping sauce. If you haven't tried my Bang Bang Tofu recipe, then I recommend you try that one too! Bang bang sauce is creamy, and a little spicy. It is the perfect dipping sauce for these nuggets.
You could also serve them with some pre-made ranch or even ketchup. Look, the more dipping sauces the better!
These tofu nuggets are best served straight out of the oven while they're still hot and crispy!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Spicy Popcorn Tofu Nuggets
- 1 15-ounce package extra firm tofu drained
- ½ cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne optional
- 4 cups potato chips* crushed into crumbs
- olive oil spray
- fresh parsley optional, for serving
- Combine the milk, buffalo sauce and all of the seasonings in a bowl. Break apart the tofu into 1-inch pieces and add them to the bowl. Press the tofu down to submerge and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each piece of tofu in the crushed potato chips and place on the baking sheet.** Spray with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned, flipping halfway.***
- While the tofu is baking, make the bang bang sauce. Combine the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Let the tofu cool slightly, top with chopped parsley, then serve hot with the dipping sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!