Take french bread to a whole new level with this Vegan Pesto Garlic Bread. A…
Keep dinner simple, delicious and fresh with this Roasted Garlic Tomato Spaghettini with Garlic Parmesan Bread Crumbs. A summer staple that works as a side dish or an entree.
A simple meal can sometimes be the best. I feel like I say that all the time, but it really is true. And this pasta is going to be your new favorite simple dinner!
Fresh tomatoes and garlic are roasted in olive oil and rosemary before being added to warm spaghettini (or thin spaghetti) and fresh basil.
Then the whole thing is topped with toasted parmesan & garlic bread crumbs.
Is your mouth watering yet?
I love this meal because it just screams summer. I imagine eating this outside, at the end of a warm summer day and sipping on something bubbly (knowing me, probably kombucha). Spring may have just started, but I already have that summer itch.
The toasted breadcrumbs add a great texture – the crunch from the breadcrumbs and saltiness from the parmesan is perfection.
And don’t get me started on the amazing flavors you get from the roasted tomatoes and garlic. This is a classic combo that never gets old.
Serve this as the main or a side. To be honest, I could eat this stuff straight out of the pan.
Roasted Garlic Tomato Spaghettini with Garlic Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tsp. olive oil separated
- 1/8 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 head garlic peeled*
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 8 oz spaghettini or thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup fresh basil packed and chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, followed by bread crumbs, parmesan and garlic powder. Sauté until browned, stirring regularly so it doesn't burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine garlic, tomatoes, rosemary and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or until tomatoes begin to blister and garlic softens).
- While tomatoes are cooking, add spaghettini to boiling water and cook until tender (8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place pasta pot back on the stove over low heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add cooked pasta, tomato/garlic mixture and basil to the pot and stir to combine. Add pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until sauce reaches desired consistency. Taste and add salt and pepper. Top with desired amount of toasted bread crumbs.**
**I prefer to leave the bread crumbs off and let each person add as much as they want to their own bowl.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!