This Creamy Rigatoni with Roasted Cauliflower is made with a simple and delicious vegan cream sauce, plenty of fresh herbs, & crispy roasted cauliflower.
Pasta night just got a whole lot tastier. This pasta is layered with flavors, perfectly creamy and has plenty of crunch from the bread crumb topping and crispy cauliflower. It is seriously addicting and perfect when you want comfort food that is slightly lightened up.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower
The roasted cauliflower in this recipe is one of my favorite things, like, ever. You could put this cauliflower on salads, in bowls, or just eat it straight off the baking sheet. It is seriously that good and super simple to make.
All you need is olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Add everything to a baking sheet and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, or until crispy, flipping halfway.
How to Make Creamy Sauce
While your cauliflower is roasting, you can cook up the pasta and make the sauce. The sauce is a classic white sauce filled with plenty of fresh herbs, vegan parmesan, vegan cream cheese and vegan chicken broth. Just cook everything down in a stock pot and stir until creamy. Add in the pasta and taste to adjust seasonings.
TSV TIP: I used Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese. You could use one with a flavor or a plain cream cheese.
How to Serve
To finish off the pasta and give it even more flavor we are going to whip up a quick bread crumb topping. Combine bread crumbs, olive oil and garlic powder on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until perfectly browned.
To assemble, layer bowls of pasta with bread crumbs, parsley and cauliflower and dig in. You are going to absolutely LOVE this pasta - it is a crowd pleaser that everyone will ask for again and again.
Creamy Rigatoni with Roasted Cauliflower
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
FOR THE PASTA & SAUCE
- ¾ lb rigatoni
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary diced
- 12 oz non-dairy milk unsweetened, I used soy
- 1 cup broth I used vegan chicken broth*
- 2 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- 2 tablespoon vegan cream cheese I used chive cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley diced, plus more for topping
- ½ lemon juiced
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower ingredients to the baking sheet and toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway and cooking until crispy.
- Add the bread crumb ingredients to another baking sheet and toss to combine. Place in the oven with the cauliflower and cook until browned (2-3 minutes). Remove from the oven and transfer to a bowl.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the water before adding the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove over medium heat. Add the butter, garlic, shallot, a pinch of salt & pepper and the rosemary to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk, broth and flour. Whisk until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add parmesan and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth and allow to cook until slightly thickened. Turn the heat off.
- Add the basil, parsley and lemon juice to the sauce and stir to combine. Add the pasta and toss until coated.
- Serve pasta with the garlic bread crumbs, cauliflower, additional parsley and red pepper flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!