This Slow Cooker Vegan Tortellini Soup is loaded with vegan sausage, "cheese" tortellini and kale. Perfect Fall vegan dinner idea!
We're at that tricky point of the year. It's still super hot but Fall is right around the corner. Which is why this slow cooker tortellini soup is the perfect transition meal! No need to turn on the stove BUT you still get that comforting Fall feeling. Best of both worlds if you ask me!
How to make Slow Cooker Vegan Tortellini Soup
This recipe really couldn't be more simple. Sauté onion, garlic, vegan sausage & spices in a pan for about 10 minutes. You want the sausage to be browned and the onion to be soft. Add it to a slow cooker with crushed tomatoes & broth and let the slow cooker do its thing for a couple hours.
30 minutes before serving, add in the vegan tortellini, vegan parm, non-dairy cream (or milk) and let it cook for another 20 minutes. Lastly, add in the kale and adjust the seasonings as needed. Give it 10 more minutes and you are ready to eat.
How to serve Slow Cooker Vegan Tortellini Soup
I like serving this tortellini soup with extra vegan parm, parsley, red pepper flakes and some crusty bread on the side. You could also make a kale salad to go on the side or even some roasted veggies. But this really is a full meal on its own.
This is best served right away - since the tortellini will continue to absorb the broth as it sits. But as long as you don't mind a softer pasta, you can make these ahead of time for easy lunches.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Slow Cooker Vegan Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb vegan sausage I used Beyond Meat Italian
- 4 cups broth I used low sodium vegetable
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 9-ounce package vegan tortellini I used Kite Hill
- ⅓ cup non-dairy cream or sub non-dairy milk, plus more for serving
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan optional
- 2 cups kale torn into bite-sized pieces
- fresh parsley, crusty bread for serving
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic & seasonings. Cook down for about 1 minute. Add the vegan sausage and break apart into small pieces.* Cook down until the sausage is crispy and the onions are tender (approx. 10 minutes).**
- To a slow cooker, add the broth, crushed tomatoes and vegan sausage. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours).
- Remove the lid and add the tortellini, non-dairy cream and vegan parmesan. Cover and cook on high for 20 more minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the kale. Cook, uncovered, for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot with crusty bread, more vegan parmesan, a drizzle of non-dairy cream, red pepper flakes and parsley.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!