Mushroom & Kale Soba Noodles
These Mushroom & Kale Soba Noodles are the perfect quick vegan dinner. The mushrooms are pan fried and tossed with kale, sauce & noodles.
So I did a poll on Instagram the other day to get a gauge on people’s feelings about kale. It was mostly positive, but a few nay-sayers. Understandable – I used to not have a lot of love for kale either. But when it comes down to it, it’s all about preparation. And when it comes to these noodles, I’m telling you the kale is perfection!
How to make Mushroom & Kale Soba Noodles
Guys, when I tell you this is your new weeknight dinner, I mean it! It is incredibly easy, packs the veggies and makes great leftovers – if you have any, that is.
Start out by making the sauce. Just a handful of ingredients mixed in a bowl. Next, boil some water and cook the soba noodles. These noodles only take about 4 minutes to cook! Drain them and rinse with cold water.
Next, heat some sesame oil in a pan and cook down the garlic, ginger, green onion, shallot and mushrooms. Try not to stir everything around too much so that the mushrooms have a chance to brown. This should only take about 3-5 minutes.
Add in the kale and let it get wilted. Lastly, add the sauce & noodles and toss until the sauce is absorbed and the noodles are heated through.
How to serve Mushroom & Kale Soba Noodles
To finish these off, top the noodles with sesame seeds and the leftover green onion. And that’s it, you are done my friends.
There are also lots of options for additions/swaps. You could use bok choy instead of kale. You could add some tofu to the mix. Sneak in some extra veggies by adding zucchini noodles. Basically clean out the fridge and add all your favorite veggies!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Mushroom & Kale Soba Noodles
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE NOODLES
- 2 bundles soba noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 3 green onions diced, greens & whites separated
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms diced
- 2 cups kale torn in bite-sized pieces
- sesame seeds for serving
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.*
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and whites of the green onions. Cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the shallot and mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms have browned. Add the kale and toss until it begins to wilt.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and add the noodles. Continue to toss until the sauce is absorbed and the noodles are heated through.
- Serve warm with sesame seeds and the remaining green onions.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!