This Vegan Taco Pasta has all the flavor of traditional tacos, but in casserole form.…
This 3 Bean Taco Soup is a hearty vegan meal – filled with soyrizo, 3 beans, salsa and taco seasoning. Top it off with fresh cilantro and spicy peppers!
The best kinds of meals are the ones you can throw together in less than 30 minutes AND in one pot! And this soup hits the mark. It is hearty, quick and tasty – will easily become a regular meal on your dinner rotation.
I love this soup because it has all of my favorite flavors in one bowl. Plus it is super filling and healthy.
You can adapt this soup in lots of different ways:
- add bell peppers
- swap out the types of beans you use
- add some fresh greens
- make it spicy with extra hot sauce
Lots of different options here.
As with most of my soup recipes, I used my favorite vegan bouillon. You can find it at Whole Foods or online here. I definitely recommend not swapping this out for anything else – I think it gives the soup a flavor kick. A necessity in my opinion.
To finish off your soup, top your bowl with some fresh cilantro or spicy peppers. You could even add a splash of lime juice, avocado slices or tortilla chips. Whatever you have on hand.
More of a visual person? Check out the video of how to make this 3 Bean Taco Soup:
3 Bean Taco Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 6 oz soyrizo
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base*
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- cilantro, lime juice, peppers, tortilla chips for topping
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and taco seasoning to the pot and sauté until onions become tender (approx. 8 minutes).
- Add soyrizo and garlic to the pot and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, beans and salsa to the pot. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!