Simple Vegan Wonton Soup
This Simple Vegan Wonton Soup comes together in 30 minutes, is a one-pot dinner and requires minimal ingredients!
There is nothing cozier than a bowl of hot soup on a cold day. And this Simple Vegan Wonton Soup is not only comforting, it comes together in less than 30 minutes and requires 10 ingredients! Doesn’t get much better than that!
Step One: Prep the Veggies
I am on a mushroom kick people! With the Oyster Mushroom Burrito Bowls and now this soup! They really do add soooooo much flavor to the broth of this soup. So, even if you don’t like them, I would keep them in.
Heat the sesame oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook down for 5 minutes, stirring frequently – you want the mushrooms to release all of their water before adding the other ingredients.
Add the onion, garlic & ginger powder and cook for another 3 minutes. Pour in the broth & soy sauce and bring to a boil.
Step Two: Add the Wontons
The reason this recipe is so quick is because I used frozen wontons. Obviously way quicker than making your own from scratch. But if you want to make them from scratch try my Mushroom Dumpling recipe!
I got my frozen wontons from Trader Joe’s, but you can use whichever brand you like!
Add the wontons & bok choy to the stock pot and boil until tender – it should only take 3-5 minutes for the wontons to be done.
Step Three: Serve
To serve, ladle the hot soup into bowls and top with green onions and some chili crunch. I also wouldn’t be mad about a little sriracha!
This soup is best eaten right away since the wontons will continue to cook in the broth as it sits. If you don’t plan on eating this in one sitting, I would just add the wontons to each individual serving when you reheat the broth.
When you are in need of something cozy, this will be your go-to soup!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Simple Vegan Wonton Soup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 15-20 frozen vegan wontons I used Trader Joe's
- 3-4 bundles baby bok choy cut in half lengthwise
- green onion, chili crunch for serving
- Heat the sesame oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook down for 5 minutes, stirring frequently – you want the mushrooms to release all of their water before adding the other ingredients.
- Add the onion, garlic & ginger powder and cook for another 3 minutes. Pour in the broth & soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the wontons & bok choy and boil until tender – it should only take 3-5 minutes for the wontons to be done.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with green onion & chili crunch.