Crispy Jalapeño Corn Wontons
These Crispy Jalapeño Corn Wontons are the perfect vegan appetizer! Wonton wrappers are stuffed with vegan cream cheese & veggies!
Crispy, creamy and delicious – these fried wontons are the best party appetizer. The filling is a combo of corn, jalapeño, cilantro, green onion, garlic, vegan cream cheese & spices. Mix everything together, spoon some into the center of a wonton wrapper & fold it up. Fry in oil until crispy and serve with spicy mayo.
How to Make the Filling
The filling comes together super quickly. You just need a few ingredients:
- vegan cream cheese
- corn – I used frozen corn that I thawed
- green onion
- smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
Mix everything together in a bowl and give it a taste – you can always adjust the ingredients to your liking!
Assemble & Fry
Place a square wonton wrapper on a clean surface and spoon a heaping teaspoon of filling into the center. Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper with water (just use your finger) and fold it into a triangle. Be sure to press out any air bubbles and seal the edges tightly.
Repeat this with the remaining ingredients and then it is time to fry – if you are making these ahead of time, this is when you would want to freeze the wontons.
Heat some oil in a skillet or stock pot. Once hot, work in batches, cooking the wontons until browned on both sides. This should only take a couple minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon or fork and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
You want to let the wontons cool slightly – we’re not trying to burn anyones mouth. You can serve these with any of your favorite dipping sauces. I decided to make a spicy mayo, but these would also be really good with a sweet chili sauce or even vegan ranch!
You can reheat leftovers in the air fryer or oven – just heat at 350 until warmed through.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Crispy Jalapeño Corn Wontons I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Crispy Jalapeño Corn Wontons
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup corn
- 2 green onions diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of filling to the center of a wonton wrapper. Wet the edges of the wrapper and fold into a triangle – making sure to seal the edges and push the air out. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet or stock pot. Once hot, work in batches to fry the wontons. Cook until browned on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon or fork and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve the wontons hot with your favorite dipping sauces (see notes for spicy mayo).
Can you also use the air fryer? If so, what temperature and how long? Thank you 🙂