This Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta is super simple to make and extra delicious. Minimal ingredients but a TON of flavor!
Transforming a traditional cream sauce into a vegan cream sauce does not have to be overly complicated or require lots of obscure ingredients. It can be done quickly and in next to no time. This pasta is on the table in 30 minutes and the creamy sauce is beyond comforting.
How to make Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
I know this recipe emphasizes the mushrooms, but they aren’t the only star in this dish. I purposely only used a handful of mushrooms so that some of the other flavors can also shine through.
To make the sauce, start by melting some vegan butter in a pan with garlic & shallots. It is already going to start smelling good at this point. Add in the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes and give everything a stir. Let the mushrooms sit for a couple minutes so they can get slightly browned.
Add in the broth, vegan cream (check the recipe notes for where you can find this), spinach and parsley. Give everything a stir and add in the cooked pasta. You DO want to UNDERCOOK the pasta so that it can finish cooking in the sauce. It will literally absorb the sauce as it cooks in it. That’s what gives this pasta dish so much flavor!
How to serve Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Once the sauce has thickened and the pasta is fully cooked, taste and add more salt & pepper as needed – I added A TON of pepper. Serve the pasta with lots of fresh herbs. I added extra parsley, thyme and basil.
This pasta is so quick, veggie-packed and comforting at the same time. It is a must make!
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these recipes:
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz pasta I used spaghetti
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 shitake mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup broth*
- 1 cup non-dairy cream** unsweetened
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped & large stems removed
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add pasta. Cook until al dente – the pasta will finish cooking in the sauce, so don't overcook it in the water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot, salt & pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms & sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have browned slightly.
- Add the broth and cream and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the spinach, parsley and pasta to the sauce. Toss together with tongs for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted, the sauce has thickened and the pasta has finished cooking.
- Taste and add more salt & pepper as needed – I added A LOT of pepper to mine. Serve hot with more fresh parsley, thyme and basil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!