This Simple Vegan Mediterranean Spread is filled with fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes and can be served on sandwiches, as a dip or even with pasta.
This spread is the perfect blend of mediterranean flavors. It is like pesto and herb & oil bread dip had a baby.
Packed with fresh basil, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary and garlic, this is a flavor explosion in your mouth.
This can be served as is for the perfect sandwich spread OR with some olive oil for an amazing bread dip.
Check out my recipe for Vegan Mediterranean Sandwiches to see how I put this spread to use!
I would even use this as a pasta sauce. Add this to a pan of hot cooked pasta with a little olive oil, and maybe some greens for a simple dinner.
Simple Vegan Mediterranean Spread
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh packed basil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 2 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until combined, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Use as is for a sandwich spread, add olive oil to a plate and top with spread for a dip or add to cooked pasta for a sauce.