A simple and delicious take on a classic breakfast takeout meal - these really are…
These Vegan Mediterranean Sandwiches are packed with sun-dried tomato & basil spread, roasted red peppers and marinated tofu.
Recently I shared a recipe for Mediterranean Spread with you all.
While this is great served as is with some fresh bread slices, it tastes even better when roasted red peppers, marinated tofu and hummus are added to the mix.
These sandwiches are seriously to die for.
So many flavors in each bite, you’re not going to know which part you like best.
Perfect for parties or picnics – you can serve these hot or cold.
If you decide to heat them up I would recommend a panini press if you have one.
If not, you can always use a regular pan and just put a plate on top of the sandwich to press it down.
Vegan Mediterranean Sandwiches
- 1/2 block firm tofu drained and dried, cut in 4 slices
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup Mediterranean Spread
- 1 tomato sliced in rounds
- 1 jar roasted red peppers drained and dried
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Add tofu to a baking dish or shallow plate. Drizzle red wine vinegar, oregano and pepper over tofu. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While tofu is marinating prepare Mediterranean Spread.
- When ready to assemble slice ciabatta rolls in half. Spread 1-2 tbsp. of hummus on the bottom of each roll and 2 tbsp. of Mediterranean Spread on the top of each roll. Top the hummus side with tomato, red peppers, tofu and arugula. Top the sandwiches with the other half and serve.
- If serving cold, eat immediately. If serving hot, heat a panini press or griddle and grill sandwiches until warmed through.
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!