This Roasted Cauliflower & Salsa Verde Rice is an amazing plant based dinner! Flavor-packed rice, crispy cauliflower & chickpeas!
Talk about getting your veggies in. There is not only crispy cauliflower, the rice is loaded with poblano peppers & onions! Everything is seasoned to perfection and served with all kinds of fun toppings. This is a complete meal that you'll want to have on repeat.
How to Make the Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas
The only problem with this recipe is that you might want to eat this entire tray of cauliflower & chickpeas before the rice is even done.
A head of cauliflower is cut into florets and placed on a baking sheet with a can of chickpeas. Add avocado oil, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper.
Give everything a toss and place in the oven. It will take about 30 minutes for the cauliflower to get charred and the chickpeas to get crispy. After they come out of the oven, feel free to add a little extra salt if needed.
How to Make Salsa Verde Rice
This salsa verde rice is going to be in your normal rotation. Regular rice will have no place on your plate.
Heat some oil in a skillet and add garlic, onion, poblano, jalapeño & dry seasonings. Let this cook down for a few minutes, or until the veggies start to soften. Add in the dry rice and let it toast for a couple of minutes.
Pour in the salsa verde & broth. Bring it to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. The rice should be cooked through and the liquid should be evaporated.
How to Serve
To serve plate the rice and top with the roasted cauliflower & chickpeas. When it comes to toppings, you have alllll kinds of options. I decided to go with avocado slices, green onion, non-dairy yogurt and lime wedges.
You could also add some hot sauce, cilantro or pepitas! This is a healthy, filling and veggie-packed recipe!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Roasted Cauliflower & Salsa Verde Rice I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Roasted Cauliflower & Salsa Verde Rice
- sheet pan
FOR THE SALSA VERDE RICE
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 poblano pepper deseeded and diced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño diced, optional
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup white rice dry
- 1 cup salsa verde homemade or store bought
- 1 ½ cups broth I used vegan chicken broth
- avocado, green onion, lime wedges, non-dairy yogurt optional toppings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add all of the roasted veggie ingredients and toss to coat. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Toss and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to char.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, poblano and dry spices. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the veggies start to get tender. Add the rice and toast for about 2 minutes. Pour in the salsa verde & broth and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Fluff with a fork, taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- To serve add the rice to a platter and top with the roasted veggies. Serve with any of the optional toppings.